URSCI Grants and Resources
Currently, URSCI offers these initiatives:
- Awards between $2000 to $3,000 to qualified undergraduates to complete an independent research project during the summer under the supervision of a faculty mentor.
- Applications will be accepted starting March 10. The deadline for applications for Summer 2023 is April 3, 2023.
Learn more about current and past summer scholars.
- Awards up to $1,800 per semester to undergraduate students who work as research assistants for a faculty member.
- The deadline to apply for
- Spring 2023 is December 1, 2022
- Summer 2023 is April 3
- Fall 2023 is August 21
- Faculty can apply for consecutive semesters of assistance.
- Provides undergraduates with up to $500 for supplies, equipment or travel costs associated with a research project.
- URSA applications are considered on an ongoing basis from September 1 through May 1. Monies are awarded until funds are depleted.
- All departments can grant course credit for completed department-approved projects.
Special Opportunity Awards
- These awards provide support for student driven projects and initiatives that do not fit the narrative of the previous grants. Contact the URSCI Director Irina Calin-Jageman directly at email@example.com to set up a consultation about whether a certain project or initiative can be funded through this award. Funds are typically limited to $1500 per project.