Need a course but not the entire degree? Student-at-large status allows you to take a limited number of courses without the commitment of a full degree program.
At Dominican, we are committed to serving your lifelong learning goals. Whether you are seeking to boost your career credentials, earn credits for transfer or just satisfy your intellectual curiosity, our student-at-large status offers you a convenient path and access to our high quality academics. If you don’t need a full degree, this option will save you time and money. Plus, if you decide later to seek admission to a degree program, your credits will count.
As a student-at-large, you can:
- Enroll in up to 30 credit hours; take only the courses you need or want
- Choose any mix of courses from more than 50 undergraduate programs of study Search for Courses
- Access the same support and enrichment resources available to our degree-seeking students, including free tutoring, career development services and more
- Easily transfer the credits earned to your current institution, if you’re enrolled elsewhere, or to Dominican, if you decide to pursue admission here
Requirements for student-at-large status
- Must have graduated from high school with a minimum GPA of 2.5/4.0, earned a GED, or have a minimum college GPA of 2.5/4.0
- Complete an application and submit transcripts from high school or previous college work
- Those seeking teaching certificates are not eligible for student-at-large status
- Students-at-large are not eligible for any type of financial aid, including educational loans
For more information, please contact: