How to Apply
We know your college search has been dramatically impacted by COVID-19 and we want to remove as many stressors as we can. That’s why Dominican University is Test Optional and no longer requires ACT and/or SAT scores.
Candidates should meet the following criteria:
- A cumulative grade-point average of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale, with special attention to grades in high school core courses
- An ACT composite score of 21 or 1060 SAT or above* (optional)
- Scores can only help students. While we will accept scores if submitted to us, we will not use them for admission decisions.
- A rank in the upper half of the high school class, when rank is provided
- Sixteen units of high school course work, fourteen of which should be in the fields of English, mathematics, foreign language, social science, and laboratory science
We start making admission decisions on a rolling basis in early fall for each academic year. Once accepted, qualified students will be automatically considered for a merit scholarship.
If your child is ready to apply, the following steps needs to be completed:
- Start DU’s application online
- Submit the following required items:
- High school transcript
We make admission decisions on a rolling basis beginning October 15. Be sure to download our mobile app, Discover Dominican, to find out the big news first!